Thursday 30 August 2012

SONG FOR THE DAY: COHEED AND CAMBRIA - DOMINO THE DESTITUTE


Coheed and Cambria were an integral part of my musical growth during my early teenage years and their first two albums, "The Second Stage Turbine Blade" and "In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth: 3" still rank among my all-time favourites to this day. Third album "From Fear Through The Eyes of Madness" was also excellent, but, unfortunately, since then gradual simplification of the band's sound have left me slightly less impressed with each subsequent record.

But, holy crap you guys! Coheed just released the first single from their upcoming 6th album, "The Afterman: Ascension", and it's totally awesome! Proggy, emotionally charged, over 8 minutes long - it's old-school Coheed all the way through. I love it, and if the rest of the album is similar, we are in for a treat. Take a listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment